It’s definitely not hard to find a DIY hair mask recipe for dry hair on the internet, ranging from overly complicated (I’m supposed to be able to Do It Myself, remember?) to straight up nasty (spare me the speech, I’m not putting eggs in my hair). As someone with thick, course, curly hair I’m always ready to try something that will bring shine and moisture to my locks and trust me, I’ve tried a lot. This recipe however, is so refreshingly simple that I was shocked to see a noticeable difference in my hair afterwards. This DIY hair mask recipe will actually have your hair looking shiny and feeling soft after one application.
Half an avocado
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Scoop out the inside of the avocado and mash it into as smooth a paste as possible. You can also put it in the blender if you’re not lazy like me.
2. Stir in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the avocado and olive oil are thoroughly mixed.
3. Rub the mixture into your hair until your strands are fully saturated with it. If your scalp and roots tend to get oily, avoid putting in on your roots.
4. Leave the mask on your hair for as long as possible, but at least an hour.
5. Shampoo and condition your hair as usual and enjoy your shinier, softer locks!
I’d love to hear how this mask worked for you and if you noticed a difference; let me know in the comments! If your hair is more on the damaged side from coloring or heat styling, pleeease read my review on Olaplex because it’s a game changer. I’m a big fan of any DIY hair mask recipe for dry hair but I’m also willing to give a great product a try too; share some of your favorites with me and I might give them a try for myself!