I’ve seen too many jokes about girls liking pumpkin spice lattes (as if other beverages are more serious some how) so naturally I had to fully embrace pumpkin spice with a new, extravagant recipe. Enter the caramel drizzled pumpkin spice frappuccino. Because if men are making fun of women for liking it – it’s probably awesome.
Pumpkin is an amazing food. You can turn it into so many different dishes and they’re all wonderful. It’s even got plenty of health benefits. This isn’t a health conscious recipe but it is vegan and that always helps. This caramel pumpkin spice frappuccino recipe is definitely for those looking to indulge in some serious fall flavor.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cashew milk (or milk of your choice)
- Non-dairy whipped cream for topping
- Cinnamon for garnish
- 1⁄8 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan butter
- Mix your milk of choice, pumpkin puree, honey, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice evenly in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- While your pumpkin ice cubes freeze, add the sugar, butter, salt, and coconut cream to a pot on medium-low heat to create your caramel topping.
- Stir gently until sugar is melted and mixture begins to thicken, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool, then store it in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
- When your pumpkin ice cubes are frozen, add 1 cup chilled coffee and 10 pumpkin ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can use espresso or a colada like I did, but if the amount of coffee you add is less than one cup, make up the difference with additional milk.
- Taste test what you've got and add more pumpkin pie spice or sweetener if you want a spicier or sweeter drink.
- Pour out your beverage and top with whipped cream, cinnamon and drizzled caramel for serving.
Let me know how this recipe turned out for you! I love finding delicious drinks to dress up my coffee with and this recipe is bursting with fall flavor. I gave this drink a Cuban twist by using a colada instead of just regular chilled coffee and it came out perfect, so feel free to experiment. And if some dudebro thinks your amazing pumpkin spice frappuccino is silly, just tell him bacon is overrated.