It’s time for me to break out the fall recipes and pumpkin pie vegan cookies seem like the perfect intro. This is the quickest cookie recipe I’ve made yet, and don’t feel guilty eating every cookie you make because the pumpkin in this recipe is great for you and of course, it’s vegan!
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup creamy almond butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or your prefered sweetener)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
optional 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Line your baking tray with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350F.
Now mix all your ingredients together until you create a smooth batter. If using chocolate chips, add in last to prevent smashing them.
Now take a tablespoon and drop batter onto your baking tray. Use a wet fork to lightly flatten the batter, the water prevents the batter from sticking to the fork.
Now you can set them in the oven and bake at 350F for about 15 minutes. Check on them at around 13 minutes; if the edges are all golden, they’re ready to go.
Now the hard part; don’t touch them! Let the cookies cool off completely before you remove them with a spatula. Once they’ve cooled, you can serve them immediately or chill them for a more firm cookie. I like to sprinkle some cinnamon and powdered sugar on top of them; feel free to experiment!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pureee
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- optional: 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- sprinkle with ground cinnamon or powdered sugar
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until you get smooth batter. Be sure to add in the chocolate chips (if using) at the very end so they don't get smashed.
- With a tablespoon, drop the batter onto the tray and use a wet fork to lightly flatten cookies.
- Pop them in the oven and bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes.
- Now the hard part: Don't touch them! Allow them to completely cool off before using a spatula to scoop them up.
- Now enjoy!
- If you'd like them firmer, just chill them before serving.